I am pleased to be able to write that things seems to have calmed down for now, although I am crossing fingers, toes and probably eyes in the hope that they stay that way. It has been a beautiful day today, warm and sunny, and we did go out and have a good time together, with apologies and kind words.
As we are definitely into spring, I am at the point of the great cashmere washing and putting away palaver. I get all of my cashmere jumpers and cardigans, go through them to assess moth holes, and so on, then wash them carefully and store them on hangers in clothes bags. I may still wear some of the brighter colours which are not too heavy weight, but I usually change over to my cotton and cotton mix items.
Today, I wore a lovely cobalt cotton cable (nice alliteration) sweater with a 90cm silk scarf from Hermès: De la Mer au Ciel – From the Sea to the Sky. The colours are shades of blue with white, green, mauve and orange. The rolled hem is white and the pattern is a bit Escher-like with a spiral of fish metamorphosing into flying fish, then into birds and then back into fish. It is gorgeous!
- Cobalt cotton cable sweater – Lands’ End.
- Navy cotton jersey joggers – Cotton Traders. Changed into jeans when we went out.
- White, yellow, and rose gold, with crystal, earrings – have owned these for ages.
- White enamel and gold bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Cobalt enamel and gold bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Blue Africa leather handbag – midi-zip Selene – Massaccesi.
- Blue, green and mauve silk scarf – De la Mer au Ciel – Hermès.
I started writing this post as soon as we got home at around 16.30. After about twenty minutes, I had one of my huge coughing attacks, which was as horrible as usual. I am now mostly over it, but I will leave this post as it is now and try to recover. I hope that I can write more tomorrow! Best wishes to you all x